Rajma recipe is a simple, flavorful and famous Punjabi recipe is common place in households and restaurants. It is served with steamed rice, pickle and salad.
Rajma recipe or Rajma Masala is made from kidney beans and is an authentic and delicious recipe. Its flavour comes out the best when served with rice but can also be eaten with breads, chapati or parantha.
1 cup Kidney Beans (rajma)
One medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
1 tablespoon ginger paste
One tablespoon garlic paste
2 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin powder
One teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon red chillies (to taste)
One teaspoon black pepper powder
2 green chillies
One thin slice of lemon
4 leaves of green coriander
Salt to taste
1. Put rajma and 5 cups of water in a pressure cooker.
2. Let it whistle 6-7 times and let it cool down.
3. Meanwhile, grind to make paste of onion. Also turn tomatoes into paste.
4. Take a pan, and heat oil in it.
5. Add cumin powder, ginger and garlic paste and cook for a minute
6. Cook onion in it for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring.
7. Add tomatoes and cook them for 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring.
8. Add red chillies, salt, garam masala and pepper.
9. Add boiled rajma to the pan, mix and cook for 5 minutes.
10. Add remaining water to the pan, mix and cook for 10-15 minutes.
11. Garnish with lemon slice, coriander leaves, green chilles and serve.
Recipe Servings: 4-5
Prep Time: 5 mins
Total Cook Time: 40 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Rajma Recipe:
A simple, flavorful and famous Punjabi recipe is common place in households and restaurants. Rajma is served with steamed rice, pickle and salad.