MATTAR SAMOSA RECIPE:
Mattar Samosa recipe is much loved snack in India and many other countries. It is served with a nice cup of tea. There can be variations of different fillings like potato, banana, ground chicken, ground lamb etc. We can also make chaat of samosa by crack opening it and then garnish it with Pindi chole, mint chutney and tamarind chutney.
Mattar samosa recipe is delicious treat filled with spicy peas filling. It can be a bestie at your tea time or make a difference at a chaat party.
1 cup boiled peas
2 tablespoon potato, boiled, peeled, crushed
3 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
2 teaspoon green chilli, finely sliced, to taste
One tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Salt to taste
250 gm all purpose flour (maida)
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
One teaspoon ajwain
1 tablespoon ghee
oil (for deep frying), optional
Salt to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds.
2. Add onion, ginger & chillies. Cook until it turn golden brown.
3. Mix with boiled peas, boiled potatoes and salt.
4. After cooking for 2-3 minutes and let this filling cool a little.
5. On the side, sieve all purpose flour and gram flour into a bowl.
6. Mix ajwain and ghee in the flour. Add water little by little and knead it well until the dough is tight.
7. Cover and keep it to cool for fifteen minutes.
8. Roll out dough into flat discs of 3-4 inches in diameter. Cut them into half.
9. Fold each piece to make a cone. Seal the folding edge with little water
10. Put the filling in the center and seal the cone with a little water on its edge.
11. Put the cones on a non-stick baking tray. You can rub little oil on the samosas for baking.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on medium temperature (200 degree Celcius) until they turn golden brown.
13. Instead of baking, you can also deep fry these cones on medium flame until golden brown.
14. Serve hot with ketchup or tamarind chutney.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 25 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
Total Time: 105 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
ABOUT MATTAR SAMOSA RECIPE:
Samosa is much loved snack in India and many other countries. It is served with a nice cup of tea. There can be variations of different fillings like potato, banana, ground chicken, ground lamb etc. We can also make chaat of samosa by crack opening it and then garnish it with Pindi chole, mint chutney and tamarind chutney.
ALSO IN THE FOLLOWING LIST