Ingredients for shells:
200 gm all purpose flour
1 tablespoon gram floor (besan)
1 tablespoon ghee
oil (for deep frying)
150 gm khoya
10 almonds, chopped
10 pistachio, chopped
10 cashew, chopped
10 seeds of green cardamom (optional)
100 gm powered sugar
For saffron syrup:
100 gms sugar
100 ml water
5 strands of saffron
1. Soak saffron in 100 ml of water and let it rest for 10 minutes. Add sugar to saffron water and let it boil for 3-4 minutes. Stir regularly to get a syrup.
2. On the side, take a bowl and sieve all purpose flour and gram flour into it. Mix ghee well. Put fresh water little by little and knead dough until it becomes smooth. Cover the dough and keep it for 15 minutes.
3. On the side, mix all filling ingredients together and make a thick paste.
4. Roll out dough into flat and relatively thick discs of about 3-4 inch in diameter. Put the filling in the center and fold the edges to make a ball.
5. Deep fry these balls over a slow flame in hot oil. When these turn golden brown take them out.
6. Crack a small hole in the balls and pour 1 tablespoon of saffron syrup before serving.
7. You may garnish with sliced dry fruits and serve hot.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Cook Time: 40 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
You can serve these delicious fried and sweet pots with Rabari. Instead of deep frying try baking for about 20 minutes at medium temperature and give it a healthy twist. Instead of cardamom seeds you can also try cinnamon powder for different flavor.