250 gm all purpose flour (maida)
50 gm sooji
1 tablespoon ajwain (Trachyspermum ammi)
1/2 cup urad dal, soaked for 6-8 hours
1/4 cup black chana, soaked for 6-8 hours
1 potato, boiled, cut into small cubes
1 cup curd
1 tablespoon Sev (optional)
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon black salt
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
2 tablespoon chaat masala
2 tablespoon tamarind chutney
2 tablespoon mint chutney
Salt to taste
To prepare Papdi (the base):
1.Mix maida, sooji, ajwain and 1 teaspoon of salt into a bowl.
2.Mix 1 tablespoon of oil.
3.Add some water and make dough.
4.Roll the dough into a flat discs of 1 inch size each.
5.Make tiny holes using a fork.
6.Deep fry these disc on low flame till they become golden brown.
7.Drain out and let them cool.
To prepare Bhalla:
1. Drain the water out from socked urad dal and put it in grinder.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and grind it into thick paste.
3. Make small balls of the paste and deep fry them in the oil.
4. Deep fry until golden brown.
5. Take them out and soak in cold water for a 5 to 10 minutes.
To prepare items to garnish:
In a bowl, add curd and sugar. Mix them well.
Take a small bowl, add boiled cubed potatoes, 1 pinch of salt and 1 pinch of red chilli powder. Toss them well.
Take another small bowl, add socked chana, 1 pinch of black salt and 1 pinch of chaat masala. Toss them well.
1.In a serving plate spread 6-8 Papdis.
2. Remove 1-2 Bhalla from water and drain out water. Crush and spread Bhalla over Papdis.
3. Spread 1 tablespoon of potato mix and 1 tablespoon of chana mix all over the plate.
4.Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of cunin powder and 1 teaspoon of chaat masala.
5. Spread 2 tablespoon of curd.
6.Spread red chilli powder to taste, salt to taste, 1 teaspoon of tamarind chutney and 1 teaspoon of mint chutney all over the plate.
7.Garnish with 1 teaspoon of sev and serve.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 6-8 hours
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Cook Time: 8 hours
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Bhalla Paapdi Chaat Recipe:
Mixture of soft, cripy, sweet, sour and spicy ingredients, Bhalla Paapdi Chaat is delicacy from Delhi. It invokes your taste buds and is a delicious snack for evenings and parties. You can make chana even softer by boiling it to your taste.