Ingredients for filling:
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ginger, finey chopped
10 fresh coriander leaves, chopped
1 teaspoon green chilli, finely sliced
1 raw banana, chopped into small cubes
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 tablespoon refined oil
1 teaspoon mustard seeds
Salt to taste
Ingredients for shell:
250 gm all purpose flour (maida)
1 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
1 tablespoon ghee
oil (for deep frying), optional
Salt to taste
1.Heat the oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
2.Add onion, ginger & chillies. Cook until it turn golden brown.
3.Mix with raw banana, salt, curry powder & fresh coriander.
4. Let it cook on low flame till banana is soft. Keep stirring regularly this dry filling.
5. After cooking let it cool a little.
6. On the side, sieve all purpose flour and gram flour into a bowl. Mix ghee in the flour. Add water little by little and knead it well until the dough is smooth.
7. Cover and keep it to cool for fifteen minutes.
8. Roll out dough into flat discs of 3-4 inches in diameter. Cut them into half.
9. Fold each piece to make a cone. Seal the folding edge with little water
10. Put the filling in the center and seal the cone with a little water on its edge.
11. Put the cones on a non-stick baking tray. You can rub little oil on the samosas for baking.
12. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes on medium temperature (200 degree Celcius) until they turn golden brown.
13. Instead of baking, you can also deep fry these cones on medium flame until golden brown.
14. Serve hot with ketchup or tamarind chutney.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Total Cook Time: 45 mins
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Banana Samosa :
Samosa is highly cherished north Indian snack. It is usually filled with boiled potatoes. Raw banana and baking twist to it make it even more healthy. You can enjoy this snack with a hot cup of masala tea. You can also make a sandwich using pav or buns.